Creating an account
Managing your account
If you want to permanently close and delete your account, use our Contact page Please remember that deleting your account is permanent. You can't reactivate it, recover any data, or regain access. You'll need to set up a new account if you want to use Husmus again.
When you delete your account:
- You must first verify your identity before we can accept the deletion request for security purposes.
- Any ongoing actions will be cancelled automatically.
- We'll start working on your deletion request after we receive it, but some of your data may remain in our systems if we are legally required, or while we are legally permitted, to retain it.
- Instead of deleting certain data, we may de-identify or disassociate it, such that it no longer appears associated with you. Some information, such as your reviews and messages you sent to other people, may still be visible to others.
Certain data that is required by law may keep for longer. For example, we are required to retain certain data related to payment transactions for several years. Or, we may retain some data for fraud detection or safety reasons.
Navigate to our referencing page and click on Order Now. Purchase the desired number of references and then provide your tenant details (name, email address and phone number).
This is entirely up to you and the level of risk mitigation you prefer. Husmus Basic will uncover any current or historic credit problems as well as confirm their current address. Basic+ will include landlord references, Pro will add on affordability verification.
This is your investment so the ultimate choice is yours. An acceptable guarantor will be financially stable and able to demonstrate that they can afford to cover the tenant's rent should they need to. However, guarantors are usually requested when:
- The applicant has minor credit history problems
- The applicant's history of residence cannot be verified
- We receive a negative reference from a current/previous landlord
- The applicant is a student, unemployed or on benefits/universal credit
- We are not able to confirm the source of their income or it is insufficient
- The application is considered generally weak for any other reason
For Husmus Basic you will get an instant pass or fail result. Some pass results may come with a caution meaning there is something for you to take into consideration for e.g. a tenant with a temporary right to rent.
All of our results are instant except the landlord reference which is dependent on the response time from the reference producing landlord.
That is completely up to you, it depends on why they failed. You may want to take things under advisement and proceed, reference a guarantor or look for a new tenant.
Once you receive an invitation from your potential, click on the link and it will bring you your application form. You will need around 5 minutes to complete it. We advise that you have your documents ready before you start.
Before you start your referencing, please get your photographic government ID, a recent bill (within 3 months) and your bank account details ready. The type of ID you need to present depends on what country you're from:
- Passport (UK & EU citizens)
- National identity card (EU citizens)
- Biometric residents permit (All other nationalities)
You may present a driver's license, however this does not meet the UK Right to Rent regulation standard and may not be accepted by your landlord.
Accepted bills include:
- Water bills
- Electric bills
- Gas bills
- Council tax
Your landlord might request a guarantor. An acceptable guarantor will be financially stable and able to demonstrate that they can afford to cover the tenant's rent should they need to. This could be your parent or guardian.